Monday, August 16, 2010

How to join the Delaware Twitter Community - super easy edition

OK, I'm working with a lot of people who are starting to see the benefits of getting on Twitter and joining in the Delaware Twitter community. Once people get in, they realize how helpful, useful, encouraging, informative, and great this community is - it's just the joining part that seems to be a small hurdle.

SO, Here's a couple of videos that do a great job of walking you through the basics of explaining what Twitter is and how to get started:





So, go to Twitter.com and set up your account.

Now that your account is set up, start following Delaware people - here's a couple of lists to check out:

- Delaware Twibe
- WeFollow list for Delaware
- TwitterGrader list for Delaware

By now, you should be following at least 100 people.

OK, now start using #netde with any posts that have to do with Delaware - and please retweet messages from others who are using #netde (you can click here to see the kinds of conversations going on with the #netde hashtag right now).

Here's some more resources to check out (I HIGHLY recommend subscribing to these feeds):

- Phil Woods' Digital Marketing
- Chris Brogan's best Twitter Advice

DO NOT become overwhelmed - this really is easy and the results will blow you away! - oh, and be sure to follow me on twitter - @kengrantde

3 comments:

  1. I admit that I didn't get it at first, but Twitter has proved to be an excellent platform on many different levels. Information source, networking, making friends, etc, etc... I've been on Twitter for over a year now and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great post, Ken. I'm truly honored to have my blog recommended. Many thanks!!

    I think anyone (and I mean anyone) with business interest or not, can get on Twitter and find interesting people to interact with. It's very easy to find people with similar interests, if that's what you want to do. Or if you just want to find out what's going on locally, then it's the perfect avenue for that, too. Jump on board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken,
    I'm so glad I found this site. I keep missing local DE social media events and now hopefully by subscribing I'll get updates. Is this the best way to keep abreast of in "real" life gatherings?
    Keep up the great work!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete